FESTIVALS AND AWARDS
- Vision du Reel 2013, Switzerland (24 April)
- Docaviv 2013, Israel (3 May): Best Debut Film
- San Francisco Jewish film festival 2013
- Antenna Documentary film festival 2013, Sydney, Australia
- Jewish film festival Melbourne 2013, Australia
- Dok Leipzig, Germany 2014
- Cinemed, Montpellier, France 2014
- Traverse City, USA 2014
Israel has one of the most unique weapon industries in the world. Following the 9/11 attacks, the Afghanistan war and the second Iraq war, countries all over the world are increasingly interested in the ways the Israeli army controls and deals with weapons, terror and guerrilla tactics. This film follows two private Israeli weapons businessmen, allowing the director to accompany them in their dealings. With unique access, we accompany them in their intimate day-to-day work, making deals, shipping weapons, inspecting armed forces overseas and ultimately exposing less obvious and more sinister truths. Both sides - seller and buyer - become partners in the creation of a future war(s). A war which creates new weapons and devices, defines new enemies and constructs a unique combination between profitable and lethal.
Born in Tel Aviv, Yotam Feldman worked in the first decade of the new millennium as an investigative journalist in "Haaretz"'s magazine and wrote, among others, about the Israeli military policy, refugees, and cultural issues. He studied philosophy at the Tel Aviv University. "Laboratory" is his first film.