FESTIVALS AND AWARDS
- Special Mention by the Jury - EBS International Documentary Festival, South Korea 2005,
- Special Documania Award – Play-Doc International Film Award, Spain 2006
- Special UNESCO Prize - Prix Jeunesse International Munich, Germany 2006
- IDFA, Amsterdam International Documentary Film Festival, The Netherlands 2004
- Tribeca Film Festival, USA 2005
- "Hot Docs" Canadian International Documentary Film Festival, Canada 2005
- 7th Thessaloniki Documentary Festival, Greece 2005
- Amnesty International Amsterdam Film Festival, The Netherlands, 2005
- True/False Colombia Film Festival, USA, 2005
- Amnesty International West Hollywood Film Festival, USA 2005
- Israel-Palestine: What Can Cinema Do? , Paris, France 2005
- 52nd Sydney Film Festival, Australia 2005
- 11th Shanghai TV Festival, China 2005
- 4th Reykjavik Shorts & Docs Film Festival, Iceland 2005
- Cinema Paradise Film Festival in Honolulu, USA 2005
This film spends nearly two years (2002-2004) following Nadav and his friends, capturing the next generation of Israelis and Palestinians living in East and West Jerusalem. The children come face to face with fear and uncertainty every day of their lives. But they've decided to go against conventional wisdom and play an active role in achieving peace. Reality however, is harsher than any dream and the kids are faced with unbearably difficult moments, and events. Can this next generation's good will prevail? An encounter with the children's political "adventure" offers an entirely new perspective on an all too familiar reality. At the same time it offers a glimpse of the emotional world Israeli and Palestinian children are forced to deal with in the shadow of fear.
M. Schnitzer, "Maariv"
"…A small and touching story which brings both despair and hope for a better future. With sensibility and grace, this film reminds us that prior to political solutions, it may be best that people in the region should first get to know each other."
M. Yudilevitch, "Ynet"
"A beautiful film"
Ruta Kupfer, "Haaretz"